In the early morning hours of Saturday, July 1, a Buford home suffered extensive damage from a fire that investigators believed started in the garage.

Firefighters with Gwinnett County Fire and Emergency Services responded to a reported house fire at 3:57 a.m. in the 1200 block of Newbridge Circle in Buford. At 4:05 a.m., crews arrived on scene to find “a working fire with heavy flames showing from the garage extending up to the roof,” according to a post on the department’s social media.

Firefighters battled an early morning fire in the 1200 block of Newbridge Circle in Buford on Saturday, July 1, 2023. Special photo

Two adult occupants of the home were alerted to the fire by working smoke detectors and they made it out of the home unharmed before fire crews arrived. No injuries were reported by the occupants or fire crews.

The home suffered extensive damage to the garage and first floor of the home. The second floor and basement sustained smoke and heat damage.

The Red Cross was not called in to assist the residents because they said they have family members who can assist them.

The fire investigator called to the scene determined that the fire originated from a car inside of the garage. The fire was ruled accidental in nature.

Verified by MonsterInsights